Enable is a managment system created by Virtual College that provides a wide range of tools to allow businesses to effectively manage and train staff.
It is used by over 2 million users and global clients such as Coca Cola, the NHS, British Council and the Ministry of Defence.
I have operated as the lead UI designer and front-end developer on this project since its reboot in 2012, working in a team of designers and developers adhering to Agile Scrum methodology.
Some of my key achievements on this project have been:
- Produced a pattern library to set a new standard of consistancy for UI development
- Lead the team to develop clean, well-executed design concepts, rapidly producing low- and high- fidelity prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Set the company standard for all markup and styles by establishing the use of the BEM methodology and the css pre-processor Sass to aid in the creation of stylesheets
- Championed a user-experience-focused approach to product development and established product design as the first stage of all product development.
- Liaised with product owners, executive-level stakeholders and customers to establish business requirements